The Last Week School

It's been a long time since I posted here. School work and exams just took over my schedule last week. Yes, finals week. For some unknown reason, the date of the deadline our projects and schedule of 2 final written exams fell on ONE DAY (Oct. 9). For four days, I would sleep at around 3 in the morning, relying on coffee just to finish everything before my 3-week break.
One of these was creating a 50-page magazine, our final exam for our Feature Writing class. My friends and I (who were my groupmates) were pretty excited in creating one. Before our professor even announced this, we already had a concept (a health magazine named, The Healtheist, meaning health believer), topics, and a bunch of other ideas. It was fun writing the articles especially the "guilt free halloween treats" were we actually cooked some pretty tasty dishes! Layouting the magazine, well, was another story. It was a bit fun but really really stressful.
Second were the written exams. Out of our 8 subjects, four subjects required us to take written exams (the other four were projects, speeches, and a research paper). Two of these were scheduled on October 9. You'd think it would be easy but when you were layouting a 50-page magazine and at the same time doing another video project due also on the same day, you'll get pretty stressed. And the fact the both exams tackled all the lectures since Day 1 of the semester, well. . . dead. 
There was also our second project for our Art Appreciation class. Last time, I did a film/performance art. This time,  I had planned on doing a video again but I was press for time so decided to do my second idea, a photograph/digital art. But since I was making a static artwork, I still had to document the actual process of taking the photo and editing everything, meaning I also had to create a video. The photo above is just a peek of what I did. I asked my sister to paint my face to  make it look like facial muscles. Cool and weird. 
The last thing I did (a.k.a I just did it last Sunday)  for this semester was a 5-page essay/final exam about Juzo Itami's Tampopo. It's an absolutely hilarious and amazing movie about food, especially ramen, and life. However, I should warn you that once you watched this, you'll be craving for some ramen! Take it from me. After I submitted my paper, my mom, my sister, and I went out for some book shopping and I pretty much insisted on eating ramen for dinner. Nothing says "reward for all your hard work" like hot a bowl of Rai Rai Ken's Batchoy Ramen

  1. the ramen looks so good. congratulations on all your hard work this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine! This is actually the first ramen I've ever tasted hahaha

      Delete
  2. Facial muscles. cool! Those muscles painted around your eye seems legit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister tried her best to make it look real :) Thanks for the compliment Karla.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...